M2 3el 40m Beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: M2 3el 40m Beam
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 08:51:00 -0400
I have the M2 40 and I'm not seeing any significant wind effect on the
swr.... I don't notice the linear loading rods moving much, even in heavy
winds ...but, I have mine "cinched up" tight enough to actually be lifting
the center of each half-element several inches... when you look at an element
it forms a swans neck on each side (rather attractive)... also, all of the
set screws were set TIGHT, and I used locktite on them... I suspect you have
joints working with the motion, and that is causing impedence changes...

The other item I wonder, is if you have other beams/etc. close by, so that
waving elements are changing spacing enough to affect the coupling and the
swr...

Denny