Grounding CATV Hardline

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Grounding CATV Hardline
From: aa2du@netcom.com (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 16:41:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hmmm...I'm no metallurgist but I was always taught that aluminum and
galvanized steel don't mix.  That's the very reason that the use
of aluminum jacketed "CATV" hardline is not recommended for runs
going up the tower.

Polyphaser makes an excellent set of feedline to tower grounding
systems that use different metals depending on what you attach them
to.  One end might be copper or aluminum and the other could be
compatible with the galvanized steel of the tower leg.

73, J.P.

J.P. Kleinhaus, AA2DU
ARRL Hudson Division C.A.C. Representative
E-mail:  aa2du@netcom.com
Compu$erve:  74660,2606

It's not a bug...It's a feature!!