Tape Flagging

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Tape Flagging
From: zephd@iquest.net (David L. Zeph)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 23:26:55 -0000
One sure way I've found to keep either Scotch 33 or 88 electrical tape =
from flagging is to run the tip of a soldering iron along the seam where =
the end overlaps the previous wrap.  The end and the previous wrap are =
essentially "melted" into each other..  The tape will not "flag".

I started doing this back in the N9MM Multi-Multi days when I was =
homebrewing antennas.  A  47W iron with a flat tip works fine, but a =
small butane torch with a solder tip is more poratble and can be used to =
seal wraps around tower legs.  It just takes a delicate touch and a =
quick swipe of the tip.

73 ---> Dave, W9ZRX

Dave Zeph, W9ZRX
zephd@iquest.net