Motorized Crankup Law

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Motorized Crankup Law
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 02:41:48 EDT
I have a client in a town with a FIXED maximum height of 50 feet.  The
Bldg Inspector's reply to the question of what his position would be with
respect to a motorized crankup tower which nests at 23-35' and would only
occasionally be above 50' was:  Get me a list of towns which allow such
things and I'd be happy to pass the idea in front of Town Counsel.

The client wants 70-75 feet for a log periodic or TH-11DXX.  Thus I have
two questions:

1) What do you recommend for a motorized crank up (one that will come
with good printed specs, including 30 p.s.f. numbers) ?  Make and model?
Preferred vendor?

2) Can you name a town which allows motorized crank up towers to go above
an otherwise fixed height limit?

Fred Hopengarten, K1VR
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105 * 617/259-0088
e-mail:  k1vr@juno.com
Big antennas, high in the sky, are better than small ones, low.