quad antenna modeling

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: quad antenna modeling
From: CP2235@aol.com (CP2235@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 16:10:47 -0500
Hello guys,

which antenna modeling program would you recommend for modeling quad
antennas? I used a 1988 version of MININEC by K6STI and entered the
dimensions for several quads out of W6SAIs "all about cubical quad antennas".
The results were very strange. I do not think the figures in W6SAIs book can
be that wrong... Or would you expect
6dB gain and 12 dB F/B ratio for a W6SAI 3ele quad? Do not tell me to recheck
the figures I entered - I did this more than twice. Something seems to go
wrong.
Which programs are you using - where can I get them?
Thanks for your advice.