Crank up & Tilt over tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Crank up & Tilt over tower
From: k7ox@pipeline.com (Gary D Elliott)
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 12:02:11 -0500 (EST)
I removed a tower for a lady who moved into a house that had a crank up tilt
over tower.
I was surprised that the post was not in cement and dug it all out by hand.
Anyway what I have is a 40 ft crank up tower, consiting of two 20 ft
sections, outside section measures 10 inches on a face and the inner section
measures 8 inches.  There are two winches one mounted on the ground post the
other mounted on the tower near the base.  This post that everything was
mounted to measures 10 feet in length and is 4 inch dia very heavy steel.
The part that was in the ground had two sets of 4 each fins, in fact this
thing looks like a missle you would put under a modern day aircraft.

I am trying to find some information on this tower.  I remember seeing in
QST back in the 60's adds for some kind of E-Z Way tower with a wonder post
and a crank up tilt over feature.  Is this company still around ?  Anybody
have a info on this tower.  Would like to get some information on the proper
installation of this thing.  Would appreciate any comments.  Thanks

73 Gary  K7OX

k7ox@pipeline.com