Will A Little Dab Do Me?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Will A Little Dab Do Me?
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 03:14:10 +0000
Gentlemen,

I just purchased a tube of silicone grease labeled "DIELECTRIC COMPOUND"-
manufactured by Dow Corning Corp and distributed by Drop Shop Limited. This
is a nearly clear grease with the consistency of Vaseline that I believe is
used in the cable industry to moisture-proof or corrosion-proof outdoor "F"
connector junctions.

Question: Can anyone tell me if this product would have any useful
application for PL-259's on HF antennas and "N" connectors for UHF antennas-
all outdoor installations of course.

Also, since the product comes with no instructions or directions.... if it
is of any value in the above service, "How should I apply it?"...ie. should
I take pains to keep it off the center pin or just slobber the stuff over
everything... or not use it at all? Anyone with experience with this
stuff... I need your advice, please.

I'll be happy to accept responses on or off the reflector.

73,
Roger, K2JAS