MA40 Plan Part III (Long)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: MA40 Plan Part III (Long)
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 08:27:14 -0500

<<  I recently bought a piece of land outside
 of town to build a remote station on, then developed the same kind of
problem
 you have with the city/county government. >>

Every state is different.... but... in Michigan, agricultural land is exempt
from many local zoning ordinances, though you do have to pay for the building
permits (render onto the well lined pockets, etc.).. here it takes 10 acres
to qualify.... I have a farmer work the field and we built in the woods...
 the inspector came by to return the house print (not the plan I actually
built btw :) and as I was paying him for the building permit, I casually
asked how much a permit for a tv tower would cost... the inspector rolled his
chaw from one side to the other, rifled a squirt at an unlucky horse fly
(dead hit), and said, "now, why'n 'ell would you need a permit to put up a tv
'tenna?"... I shrugged and commented on how us city boys didn't know much....
He agreed, pocketed the check, jumped into his pickup, and was gone in a
cloud of dust... he was still in sight when I had the cellfone ringing the
rohn distributor ...

Denny