SS Hardware

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: SS Hardware
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 23:12:43 -0500
Hi Timothy and (anyone else looking for stainless hardware),

Timothy, you recently wrote:

>I have been looking for boom to mast clamps for various sizes of mast and
>booms use in the building of ant systems....The hardest things is finding
>a stainless supplier
>of all types of clamps , u=bolts, and blocks formed to the various size
>pipe or flats.
>I hope someone out there can help with a e-mail address of address and
>phone numbers for those that could maybe supply this requested
>material....

I buy most of my stainless steel hardware from a dealer at local hamfests.
He's also a ham- W2TU, Charles and his company is called:

             Robert W. Mink Import-Export Inc.
             P.O. Box 6437
             Fair Haven, NJ 07704
             Telephone or FAX 908 758-8388

             You can e-mail him at: 72470.2656@compuserve.com

Charles has an interesting catalog of tools and hard to find stainless steel
hardware. The hardware prices beat the hell outta Home Depot or Builder's
Square stores near me in New Jersey.

I notice from my Atlas that Sandusky is on Lake Erie. You may really be in
luck since stainless hardware is a staple in most large marine supply houses
- I've learned recently. (P.S. The better stainless is also non-magnetic or
only very slightly so... a GREAT WAY to test it with a pocket magnet!!!).

I get all my large thickness aluminum sheet for mast bracket plates (1/8" to
3/8"+) from a local scrap metal salvage yard at phenomenally low prices.
They also have tubing and solid rod (some of it 8" thick!!!!) but, the
supply changes daily. Check your's out.

Good luck with your search.

73,
Roger, K2JAS
Morganville, NJ.... a 35-min. ride into NYC at 4-am.