Beverage Stand-offs source?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Beverage Stand-offs source?
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 1996 22:13:44 +0000

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
>   OFFICE MEMO         Beverage Stand-offs source?           Date:  12/2/96
>
> Where can one purchase plastic stand-off insulators that are installed by
> driving a small nail through their center and into a tree?  They have a clip
> on
> on them allowing one to snap in and out radials or beverage wire.  #004#
>
> --
> Problems:                 K7LXC@contesting.com

go to your local farm supply place and look for electric fence
supplies... all sorts of neat stuff in that section for building
beverages.  my favorite is to cut the 4' fiberglass rods in half,
drill a hole in a tree or a 2x4 and use the screw on insulators.
this way there is no metal left in the tree for later when i want
to turn them into firewood or make room for the next tower.

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net