Sources for fiberglass spreaders?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Sources for fiberglass spreaders?
From: k0rc@pclink.com (Robert Chudek)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 10:16:46 +0000
At 11:56 PM 1/1/97 -0600, Robin wrote:
>I suggest Max-Gain Systems, Inc. in Marietta, GA. They may be reached at
>770-973-6251 before 9:00 PM Eastern time. I have bought several pieces of
>fiberglass tubing for various antenna projects from them, & they offer
>discounts for spreader kits. They also have a good selection of RF relays,
>tubes & other goodies. BTW, I do not work for Max-Gain, nor do I receive
>any compensation for mentioning their name, just passing along information.

Maybe I've had just one too many cans of Dr Pepper tonight and I'm
over the edge...

Why do so many hams feel the necessary to disclaim affiliation with a
company or service when posting a reply on the internet?

IMO, let your opinion or information stand on its own merit.  And if
you happen to be affiliated with [the company/service], all the better.
You speak from a position of higher authority and probably talk to
the engineering and design staff on a regular basis!

73 de Bob - K0RC, "Kilo Zero Real Cranky"

{My apology to "Robin E. Midgett" <rmidgett@edge.net> for
 selecting this particular message to use in my example.)