painting antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: painting antennas
From: rfman1@nicom.com (DON DUBUQUE)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 21:01:16 -0500
I have heard that you can use Marine varnish, the type used on boats.  Hope
this helps a little.

73
Don KE4IAP

----------
From: CT4NH - Luis Sutil Teixeira <ct4nh@mail.telepac.pt>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Friday, January 03, 1997 5:45 PM

Happy New Year to everybody!
Living just a few yards from the wild Atlantic Ocean, its undoubtely
an advantage for DXing, but also I´ve been fighting since ever with
CORROSION problems in my antennas and towers.
Concerning ANTENNAS  I would be very interested (and grateful) to hear
from those who have already tried some type of surface protection:

- it pays to paint or varnish antennas? if so:
- antenna perfomance after being painted or varnished
- what paint (or varnish)  to use and those to avoid and why
- what parts we should NOT paint or varnish

Please your comments...
tnx de CT4NH and again good Dxing and Contesting in 1997
ct4nh@mail.telepac.pt