Hardline Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Hardline Connectors
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 19:24:30 -0800 (PST)
Hi Joe,

There is a company that makes connectors for almost every kind of CATV hardline:

Gilbert Engineering
P.O. Box 23189
Phoenix, AZ 85063

Phone:  1-800-528-5567

I have bought connectors from them before and this is the procedure I have used.

1.  Obtain some hardline free or cheap.

2.  Determine what type (UHF, N, BNC, etc) and sex (male or female) I want
on the ends of my cable runs.

3.  Call Gilbert and make sure they will sell me connectors directly and
establish what their minimum order is, if any.

4.  Cut off a six inch piece of my cable and mail it to who ever at Gilbert
Engineering I am dealing with on the phone.

5.  Gilbert will determine what the correct part numbers are to make up the
connectors I need to mate with my cable.

6.  Place order.  Pay bill.

They have been very helpful in the past.  I don't know how they are today.
It will depend a lot on the individual you get on the phone and how good you
are at convincing them that you are worthy of their help.  Be humble and
don't be to proud to beg a little.

Good luck.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com