towers as "attractive nuisances.".

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: towers as "attractive nuisances.".
From: w2up@voicenet.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 19:42:41 +0000
On 19 Jan 97, David L. Thompson <thompson@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Pete Smith and ND8L are correct about the need for liability insurance for
> out towers
> which are known to lawyers as "attractive nuisances."
>
> First, make sure you have at lease $1 million (the umbrella policy is best
> as this is usually packaged with other insurance and is inexpensive) of
> libility insurance.
>
> Second, make sure you restrict  access to the attractive nuisance:
>
> 1.      Put some type of tower guard on the tower so they cannot be easily
> climbed.
>
> 2.      Put a fence around the base at least 4' tall.
>
> 3.      If its a crank up ...remove the crank.
>
> Don't lose your shirt over someone trying to climb your tower.   Now if
> someone will tell me how to protect guy anchor points!!!
>
> 73, Dave K4JRB

After doing one or some of the above, take a few photos of your
anti-climb set-up. It may come in handy some day.

Dave, what are you trying to protect the guy anchor points from?
Vandalism, or some dope hurting himself on them? Suppose you could
fence them in too.
73 Barry
--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@voicenet.com