Need some help Steve

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Need some help Steve
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 13:27:40 -0500

<< I installed a tower and antennas this past summer.  A US Tower HDX-555.
<I want a PE to give me the REAL story on capacity with the tower all the way
up, all <the way down, half way, third of the way down, etc.

<I was going to start looking for a PE locally but thought maybe you have one
there that <is already familiar with the subject and could provide me this
service with my input.

Hi, Dave --

     Congratulations on getting your new tower and antenna system installed.
 Quite a project, eh?

    As far as a PE, I don't have any contacts in your neck of the woods.  If
you just want calculations, any sharp engineering person can do it.  A PE
stamp is only required for obtaining a building permit.  Since your tower is
already up, all you really need is to have someone run some calcs.  Ask
around your local radio clubs, repeaters or packet clusters and I'm sure
there's someone around that can help you.  If that doesn't turn up anyone,
try posting your request on TowerTalk.

    Another thing you can do is to read Roger Cox's article from Ham Radio
magazine, June, 1984, about doing the calculations yourself.  It's got a
bunch of charts and information to help you.  An SASE to TOWER TECH, Box 572,
Woodinville, WA, 98072, will get you a copy.

>Also, you mentioned a special lightweight cable lubricant for tower cable
that soaks >into the cable without attracting contaminants.  You stock it?
 How much? Like to >have enough for atleast a couple applications.   >>

    TriEx recommends a spray-on lubricant called Prelube.   I'm trying to
find a product that I can sell but am still working on it.  In the short
term, you won't have any problems with your new tower but I'll let you know
when I find a good product.

73 and tnx for your interest,  Steve  K7LXC