not quite all the faqs, but getting started

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: not quite all the faqs, but getting started
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 1997 12:52:56 +0000
on my we site i have been collecting some of the common technical
questions and answers.  checking here for something that sounds like
a common question may save repetition of a discussion on the reflector.
for the index to the technotes collected off these reflectors start
at:  http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/technote/techref.html

for a listing of updates by date check out:
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/new.html

for links to ham related sites, including hardware and software
sources start at: http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/hamlinks.html
(i will be moving some of that info to the technote area soon so it
can be found under the technote topics headings)

some samples of topics that are on this site:
my 80m wire yagi design, w3lpl yo files for 10-40m yagis, sources
of antenna materials, resetting faults on the alpha 87a, cable and
connector loss figures, computer software and hardware tips, various
antenna feeding discussions, maps and compasses and how to find true
north, grounding, anti-oxidant materials, propagation beacon lists,
great circle maps, wwv info, info on ft-1000mp extended menus, mods
for ts-870 for beverage antennas, ferrite bead specs, 2 radio setup
techniques, swaged guy wire fittings, and loos tension gauge.

these may not all be real pretty yet, but there is lots of useful
information.  if you have additions please send to me direct by e-mail.

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net