NEC & Tower Permits

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: NEC & Tower Permits
From: sawyers@inav.net (Steve Sawyers n0yvy)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 22:01:53 -0600
The reference in NEC 810-13 to 2' is for installed location, not fall
distance. The tower and feedlines and guy wires have to be at least 2'
away from any power lines, ie. distribution or house feeders.

The assumption is that properly engineered towers will stay up, not that
you have design for them to fall down.

de n0yvy steve