Parts source for 40-2CD W6QHS Mods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Parts source for 40-2CD W6QHS Mods
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 11:02:31 EST
I asked Randy, K5ZD, about his use of plastic tubing. He told me that he
too could not find the correct size, and simply bought the size closest
but too large.  He then cut a slit in the tubing and squeezed it in.

I called Texas Towers and asked Gerald Williamson (K5GW, the founder) if
they had a kit made up, priced, and ready to ship.  Frankly, I was
astonished when he said no and listed as one of the reasons: "We'd have
to post it and try to see that the list doesn't get lost."  Talk about
externalizing your costs!

Fred Hopengarten, K1VR
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105 * 617/259-0088
e-mail:  k1vr@juno.com or k1vr@k1vr.jjm.com
Big antennas, high in the sky, are better than small ones, low.