[TowerTalk] T2X CONNECTORS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X CONNECTORS
From: pash@gdi.net (Paul Ash)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 21:17:43 -0500
Hello,

I have the opportunity to purchase a used Tailtwister
at a very reasonable price. The fellow that has it
claims it is in good condition with the exception that
the connector on the rotor motor housing has been distroyed.
This is an older model T2X (circa 1990) that does not have
the circular connector but rather some type of terminal board
(at least thats how he described it).

I have a few questions for all you rotor buffs out there:

1. Is this type of T2X forward compatable with the current connector
arrangement or will I have to replace it with the same (and evidently
not a very good) connector?

2. When purchasing this type of rotor used is there anything special
that I should be looking for that would indicate excessive wear or
potentially faulty components?

3. What would be a fair price for this rotor/control box?
(I know this one depends on several factors).

4. If I do decide to buy this rotor is there any preventive
maintenance that I could do to it prior to installing on the tower?

5. Finally, if you have used these rotors in the past I would like to
hear your opinions on them.

Thanks alot for reading this.
73 de Paul N1PA