[TowerTalk] "Double" V-Beam Question(Long, delete if not interested)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Double" V-Beam Question(Long, delete if not interested)
From: n4kg@juno.com (T. A. Russell)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 07:33:18 EST
Jim -

If you want these 4 wires to work as a V beam, you must feed only
two adjacent wires at a time.

Switching can easily be done with two single pole double throw relays.

Connect the common side of each relay to the feedline.

Connect wires 1 and 3 to the left relay.
Connect wires 2 and 4 to the right relay.

The resulting 4 combinations are:

1 and 2  left V
3 and 2  center V
3 and 4  right V
1 and 4  (two wires with 150 degree spacing...like a "bent" longwire)

.