[TowerTalk] Spacing requirements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Spacing requirements
From: Dave_Raymond-CSUS04@email.mot.com (Dave Raymond-CSUS04)
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 21:20:00 -0600
Message authorized by:
    : geoiii@bga.com@INTERNET at EMAIL

I have somewhat similar circumstances with the tower here although it's not
quite as tall.

I have a rotating 130' Rohn 55 with stationary guys at 40', and guy rings at 80'
and 120'.  I have TH7s stacked at 41', 81', and 121' using the Dunestar
stackmatch.  It's a killer combination.  I have a 3 element 40 mtr yagi at 130'.
 For the VK0IR operation, I put up one vertical bent dipole (ala K8UR-kinda like
a vertical inverted vee) which will be the beginnings of a 4 vertical dipole
phased array.  I didn't have the time or wx to get the other three dipoles up
but did manage to work VK0IR on 75 with just a single dipole.

The whole thing plays very well.  I'd recommend stacked TH7s (or other good
tribanders) to anyone.  It makes a very versatile, potent system...you get a lot
of bang for your buck (and space).

73...

Dave
W0FLS