[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 with 4 (not 3) guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 with 4 (not 3) guys
From: K4OJ@aol.com (K4OJ@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 00:11:48 -0500 (EST)
going from three to four guys....well:

Number 1, I dropped out of engineering school in the first year, so take this
for what it is worth.

Since the tower has three legs and is symetrical, it is feasable to use three
guy points on the tower....why? since these eminate from the legs which are
equidistant from the center of the tower.  The forces on the tower are 120
degrees apart - "equally" applied in relation to the center of the tower.

If you were to translate its guying into a four point arrangement you should
have something akin to a ring around the tower which has on its inside the
capability to attach to the three legs, and on its outside the ability to
have four equally spaced guy points....again, I am assuming - this time the
assumption is that your guy points are 90 degrees apart from each other when
viewed from above....the "ring" focuses the forces on the center, and the
three attachments to the tower translate 'em on over.

This concludes todays Mechanical Engineering for the Hint & Kink generation.

de K4OJ