[TowerTalk] No Offense Taken!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] No Offense Taken!
From: kn6di@IDT.NET (Daniel H. Arney Jr.)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 20:56:23 -0800
Roger L. Elowitz wrote:

> Sam wrote:
>
> >Hello Roger,
> >     Just a couple of thoughts. All in gud fun .. not a flame!
> >U seem a bit paronoid ... even butterfly collectors run the risk of
> >uv radiation. I really dont think the 100ws wud be half the threat
> >98% of wat we eat/ view on the tube / etc.   Bye the way do u also
> >ware an lead shield and use telescope so u don't get 2 close to ur
> >monitor?
>  >   Again as I said ... just in fun ... not being mean..
>
> >           God Bless & 73's
> >                   de
> >             KA5OAI <sam>
> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>
> Hi Sam,
>
> First, no offense taken.  You're a gentleman and I appreciate your comments.
>
> Most of the time I'm rather blasé about things like this.  I don't generally
> worry about non-ionizing radiation such as one would encounter living or
> working or going to school under those high tension power lines. But, with
> all the recent media play these things are getting (of course, so the media
> has something to shock us with- pun intended) there's nothing wrong with a
> heightened sense of awareness.
>
> I love to lay and bake in the Florida winter sunshine and get a really nice
> tan.  Damn I know without a moment's hesitation that it's doing nothing good
> for my skin... and my mother died of melanoma cancer.  You bet I stopped
> chain smoking and quit cold turkey 13 years ago.  So, while a tad bit
> defensive... I think I'd call myself "aware" and enlightened... and
> sometimes... actually STUPID, but not alarmist. If I choose to ignore the
> consequences of "potentially harmfull stuff"... it's my call, at least.  If
> I expose others to it without giving them the opportunity to make make their
> own choices... then I'm being just plain immature and irresponsible... don't
> you think?
>
> Of course it's my fondest hope all this hoopla will be put to bed and we can
> get on with screaming "CQ Contest" while hanging from out beams... but, it
> never hurts to try to make an informed decision.  If someone wants to bathe
> in RF and clearly knows the consequences...or lack thereof... more power to
> him- pun intended!
>
> Thanks for understanding my position... (and thinking about the issue for
> yourself) in all seriousness.
>
> Roger, K2JAS  (Just After Sunshine)
>
> --
with all of the comments CAN ANYONE COME WITH PROOF OF ANYONE BEING HURT
No, unless you put your hand on the RF out then yep you have a white
spot on your pinkie. Poor thing why did you touch it? THE ONLY FLY IN
THE OINTMENT IS THE MOTORCYCLE PIGS SITTING OUT WITH THE RADAR GUNS
SHOOTING INTO THE CROTCH.But they are dumb anyhow riding suicycles.
The EPA has already stated that they have not proven any problem with HV
lines.
Send the ENVIRO nuts back into the hills, no power,no tv, no pure safe
water, no ,etc,etc,etc,etc,
Hank