[TowerTalk] G5RV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G5RV
From: csilver@riosoft.softex.br (Carlos Augusto S. Pereira)
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 14:17:20 -0300
Dear friends,

I will marry at the end of this year and as a ham I cannot stay QRT after
the wedding :)! I am going to live in an apartment with those known height
restrictions for antennas.
I will raise a a tribander beam for 10-15-20 however for 40/80 I am still
thinking about. Some US hams have pointed the G5RV as a good solution but
there is a necessity of a 32ft tower, isn't it? My questions are:

1) Will the G5RV cover 40/80 meters with a reasonable performane? Does it
require a standard Antenna Tunner?

2) To raise it 10 meters up is a must? It doesn't work lower? There is a
limitation of 5 meters over the building's roof.

3) Does it work in an inverted V configuration?

4) Van Gorden manufactures one like that with a transformer. Is it good?

BTW, I will marry on december next but I will have only the month of July to
play with the antennas.

Comments, suggestions?

Thank you and 73,

Carlos - PY1CAS