[TowerTalk] Disillusioned CLING FREE user report

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Disillusioned CLING FREE user report
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 11:32:43 -0400
At 05:11 PM 4/13/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Hell, I've used Cling Free all day, and no lightning here in Hawaii at
>all.  Now you tell me it's not working.
>
>Ohm's law, that's all you need!!!!
>
>73 John K1ER

Hi John,

You already live in PARADISE!  What more do you want?  Miracles too?  I
guess some guys don't know when they have it good.

BTW, you might try filling the elements of your beams with POI (or is it
spelled POY?).  I understand it has lightning neutralizing qualities
heretofore unreported in the literature.... and perhaps it should stay that
way! On the mainland here, other guys have reported great success with
OATMEAL.... mixed in a 60/40 ratio with SILICA GEL  to keep the moisture out
of the elements and reducing the chance that the oatmeal will harden like a
tubular brick defeating its purpose. I believe the 60/40 mix is referred to
as the EUTECTIC BLEND for obvious reasons.

Anyway, at the very least.... using POI  will reduce the undamped element
vibration that is so destructive to beams in those tropical breezes. The
additional weight can be compensated for by rigging trusses for each
element.... a sort of yagi-zier (like a brazier...only for antennas).

Do let us know how the research is continuing. (This is the place where we
have fun with towers and antennas.... I hope.)

Talk to ya John.... and "keep smilin'."

73 de Roger, K2JAS