[TowerTalk] mast weight

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] mast weight
From: k0rc@pclink.com (Robert Chudek)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 03:06:59 +0100

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
>Date: 4/13/97
>Time: 11:02:41 PM

Why bother with the danger of switching a 135 pound load over to a come along
at the top of the tower?  Simply drop the cable through the mast and out the
bottom.  Secure the cable to a metal plate that is larger than the ID of the
mast and hoist the mast into position in one operation using the winch (or in
my case, a gin pole above the tower).

73 de Bob - K0RC