[TowerTalk] Aluminum Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum Tower
From: jcbrook@mindspring.com (Jamey Brookover)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 18:27:26 -0400
TowerTalkians --

I am considering purchasing a 70 ft. heavy duty crank-up aluminum tower
manufactured by the Aluma Tower Company.  My planned antenna, mast, and
rotor combination of weight and windload are safely below the rated
specifications of the tower.  I have owned and maintained several non
crank-up steel towers in the past, and I am interested in any
experiences / factual opinions that you may have regarding aluminum
towers, or this particular manufacturer.  Please send your replies
directly to me and I will summarize for the reflector.

Thanks for any thoughts on this subject, and for the wealth of factual
information that is presented on this reflector daily.

Jay Brookover, NT4D (ex WB8BMV)
1208 Willowbrook Drive
Cary, NC  27511-4521
(h) 919-469-3032