[TowerTalk] Corrosion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Corrosion
From: aa0cy@robertwanderer.gardnerville.nv.us (ROBERT WANDERER)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 08:28:25 -0700
I'm not sure how many folks know that you can have corrosion
occur on a guy anchor rod between the part that's in the soil and the
part that's in the concrete. This is true too for the part which may go
through layers of soil having different pH values. You can also get
corrosion started from a dissimilar metals issue if a galvanized rod or
guy is near to a copper clad rod.

For a very interesting dissertation on this subject, I would suggest contacting
Anchor Guard, PO Box 89005, Sioux Falls, SD 57109-1006. Their toll-free
line is 800 653 3392. Also ask them for the latest tower guy/ground revision
of EIA/TIA 222-F. Please note that I don't work for them although my company
has communicated with them on several issues of mutual interest.

I don't subscribe to this reflector, so please send any comments to me directly.

Sincerely and 73,
Bob Wanderer AA0CY
Senior Applications Engineer
PolyPhaser Corp.