[TowerTalk] Rotatable Antenna Mounts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotatable Antenna Mounts
From: kurscj@oampc12.csg.mot.com (Chad Kurszewski WE9V)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 08:55:33 -0500
>          We also would like to know if any of you have developed a
>cheap mechanism to support HF monobander beams on a 65 foot
>telephone pole, and be able to turn them.

You could do as W0AIH does at "the farm".

He has several of these high telephone poles (wooden).  His method is
to jam a Rohn 25 top ("pointy") section down onto the top of the
pole.  This allows the mounting of a standard ham rotator.

The telephone pole is tapered at the top to allow a very tight fit.
>From the ground, I have not noticed any other fasteners.

---
Chad Kurszewski, WE9V         e-mail:  Chad_Kurszewski@csg.mot.com
The Official "Sultans of Shwing" Web Site:  http://www.QTH.com/sos