[TowerTalk] RE: Braiding Eye into wire rope

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Braiding Eye into wire rope
From: mikemr@nwlink.com (Michael Mraz)
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 13:29:14 -0000
One of my favorite references for splicing lines is "Piloting, Seamanship,
and Small Boat Handling" by Chapman. To help my YL learn common
knots, I bought her a set of plastic "cheat" cards at the local boating store.
They're neat little cards except that they show a bowline being tied upside
down from the way you would normally tie one! After flipping the card around
(so the loop is away from you, not toward you), she picked it up fairly fast.

73   Mike   N6MZ