[TowerTalk] Replacing cable on US Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Replacing cable on US Tower
From: driller@mars.superlink.net (Steve Meltz)
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 16:38:17 -0700
I would like to replace the aircraft cable used for retracting my
MA40 Tower.  Unfortunately, the manufacturer (US Tower) has not responded
to my requests on the way to do this (I have heard that it is a legal
issue - if I get injured attempting to replace the cable per their
instructions they may be held responsible).
        Anyway, without stirring up a hornets nest of legal issues, can
anyone here tell me how to change the cable (and should it even be done ;
the tower is 3 years old).  I hereby absolve any repondents against any
responsibility they have or think they have; blah blah1!!
        Thanks for any replies.  Steve   N2QLQ