Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@tmx.com>: [TowerTalk] Projectiles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@tmx.com>: [TowerTalk] Projectiles
From: n1tht@juno.com (Thomas D Sharpe)
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:42:26 EDT
From: Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@tmx.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Projectiles
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 09:08:08 -0700 (PDT)

RE Arrows, golf balls, fishing weights, etc....
Great thread.......
          I am surprised that no one has mentioned the hazards of high
speed, tethered arrows, golf balls, fishing weghts, etc, if/when they
come to the sudden end of the stretchy "rope" prematurely.  In sixth
grade, my class all went through a traumatic learing experience of
having our classmate loose an eye when he shot a paperclip using
a rubber band, at the school playground and it somehow caught the
rubber band, and shot right back into his aiming eye.  The memory
of my screaming classmate on the playground has never left me.  If
the monofilament tether comes taut for any reason within, say, 10
feet of your slingshot, bow, crossbow, etc....Imagine its reverse
velocity right back at your aiming eye.....I Doubt that you can "duck"
fast
enough........
Practice Safe Antenna Erections....
WEAR STURDY EYE PROTECTION!!

73, DX, de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ.... The Contest Station from the
Government...
aa6eg@tmx.com

I use a 13' Surfcasting rod with 20# test line and a 2 ounce rounded {not
triangular} sinker.