[TowerTalk] More on Florescent Tube Interference.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More on Florescent Tube Interference.
From: n5nj@worldnet.att.net (Robert Naumann)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 01:02:11 +0100
Hidden in the attached message is the remedy to the fluorescent light
problem: use old, magnetic type ballasts.  The new electronic ones use
switching supplies and generate tons of noise.   The old ones operate at
60hz and unless there's some arcing going on somewhere, they produce no
RFI.

Oh, and it's Lightolier - good company, good stuff.

73,
Bob Naumann N5NJ
(former electronics R&D technician
with Universal Manufacturing - now a division of Magnetek)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>