[TowerTalk] Does the FCC Know??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Does the FCC Know??
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 09:21:14 +200
> So,  thank God,  another apparent superfluous use of our tax
> dollars is coming to an end.  Hope this news gets to
> the FCC and they cancel the EMF rules to go into
> effect on radio amateur operations in 1998!!

Don't be so sure.

Like with tobacco research, one of the reasons why little conclusive
evidence has surfaced is because vested interests have more money
than legitimate research organisations.  For every piece of evidence
from legitimate researchers, the power companies will produce three
pieces from their own sources.

There is substantial evidence of detrimental effects from ELF fields,
including modulation components of pulse modulated signals (e.g.
digital phones), and 50 or 60 Hz radiation from powerlines.  Current
ANSI exposure rules are based on 1930s postulates on body resonance
(around 150 MHz) and the capacity of blood to transport heat from
tissue.

It is now clear that there can be damage to the vital perineural
system from radiation that is as much as 30 dB below the ANSI
standard.  The ELF components seem to be most detrimental, as these
coincide with the frequencies used by the perineural system to
transport healing and immune system responses.

Many of you will have had RF treatment at a physiotherapist.  You
will also have noticed that small wounds on your skin do not heal
when you're receiving this treatment.  Generally, the wounds heal
within days of the termination of RF treatment.  If you need direct
evidence, there is no more graphical demonstration of these effects
than this!

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ