[TowerTalk] Followup on painting used tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Followup on painting used tower
From: twoway@scoden.ma.ultranet.com (Scott Bullock)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:24:56 -0400 (EDT)
Hi All, just thought that I would follow up for those that were interested
in the thread on cleaning/painting a used tower with surface rust on it. I
decided to go the inexpensive way-local paint store got me a gallon of
Rustoleum rust reformer-$47.00, not cheap but will do the job. It's the same
stuff as in the little bottles. Will probably have alot left over, but will
have a lifetime supply :-)

Going to follow this up with brushed on paint-should last a few years as
many had said. Anybody got any electron/invisible paint?

BTW, for any New England hams interested, there is a local shop near Boston
that can pickle and galvanize up to 70' lengths-might be nice for those home
brew projects. They are: Duncan Galvanizing 617-389-8440  They were
reasonable for the entire tower at $500.00, but a little more than I wanted
to spend.

Thanks all for your replies, cu in the pileups. Hopefully my antennas won't
fall down and break into smithereens. (just couldn't resist)
73,
Scott
KA1CLX