[TowerTalk] # of elevated radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] # of elevated radials
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 07:51:51 -0400 (EDT)
My 4-square has 8 elevated radials.  It is the 2nd best 80M antenna I
have ever used.  K1EA's 4 square has 16 radials.  Ken's comment to me
when I was up there was that he thought it might have worked better with
4.  Probably not, but I think his point was that the extra work didn't
yield big dividends.  Oh... K1EAs 4 square was the best 80M antenna I've
ever used.  Maybe being in Harvard had something to do with it.  I kept
having to look at the dial on the 781 to assure myself I wasn't really on
20M.

73

Bill, W4AN