[TowerTalk] Crank Up Tower -- Antenna Side Arms?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank Up Tower -- Antenna Side Arms?
From: jleikhim@nettally.com (Leikhim, Joe)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 22:03:52 -0400
I am in the process of erecting my US Tower TX489MDPL. The primary
antennas will be an AZ/EL satellite array mounted at top with a 6 meter
yagi mounted below.

I have a discone antenna and TV antenna which I would like to mount
below the upper antennas. These antennas will not be rotated. I need to
build or buy some sort of side arm assembly which will extend out and
extend downeard below the top of the upper section so that the antennas
do not interfere with the satellite array and 6 M horizontal Yagi.

Obviously this bracket must attach at the top like the coax side arms
and cannot interfere with antennas above or the lowering of the tower.
Has any one else seen a good configuration to do this?

I am considering using some UniStrut to fabricate this if I cannot find
a suitable off the shelf solution.

Any pros or cons to using UniStrut on a tower?? Can I buy galvanized
UniStrut??
--
Joe Leikhim
Jleikhim@nettally.com

"tv dinner by the pool,
i'm so glad i finished school" -F.Zappa 1967