N4KG: Re: [TowerTalk] tower height

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: N4KG: Re: [TowerTalk] tower height
From: w2up@bellatlantic.net (Barry Kutner)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 16:29:10 +0000
On 27 Apr 97, george fremin iii <geoiii@bga.com> wrote:

> If I gave you a TH-7 and this was to be your only antenna
> for 20-15-10 and you wanted it to work "best" over an
> entire solar cycle at anytime of day or at any distance
> at what height would you put it?

Not a simple question, George. It depends on what band you like to
operate, where you're located, what you want to work (CQWW vs SS),
etc.

I suggest you look at N6BV's (I think) article(s) "All the Right
Angles." it gives some representative angles of radation for various
paths. Then model your antenna at various heights, bands, and see
what's best.
73 Barry

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@bellatlantic.net