[TowerTalk] GAMMA MATCH CONSTRUCTION

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] GAMMA MATCH CONSTRUCTION
From: n4kg@juno.com (T. A. Russell)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 14:30:23 EDT
GAMMA  MATCH  CONSTRUCTION

To build high band Gamma matches, I use 1/2 inch polyethelene tubing
(black) which fits concentrically with 3/8 and 5/8 inch aluminum tubing.
I believe this is the same tubing used in the food service industry.
My tubing is marked "GOULD == IMPERIAL - EASTMAN...
Poly-Flo  TUBING  88 - P - 1/2".

The shorting strap can be made from aluminum sheet metal and
stainless steel screws.  Insulated hangers can be manufactured
from plexiglass with aluminum sheet metal holders formed at the ends.
To keep the hardware tight, I use two nuts at each joint.

This is the same method used by Wilson for their mono-banders back
in the 60's.

de Tom  N4KG

.