[TowerTalk] Fwd: Mast and stacking question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Mast and stacking question
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 09:21:55 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-03 08:42:02 EDT, KB3X@msn.com (Scott Hudler) writes:

---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:   KB3X@msn.com (Scott Hudler)
To:     k7lxc@aol.com
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: 97-05-03 08:42:02 EDT

Hi Steve,

I received the software yesterday.  Thanks!  I will get the check in the mail

this weekend.

I do have a question or two.  I have determined that with my three antennas I

will need a mast capable of 65000 PSI Y.S.  It also recommends .250" wall
thickness.  Will it matter what the wall thickness is as long as the Y.S. is
at least the desired value?  The supplier I found claims that his 4130 .250"
wall is rated at 100,000 PSI or better and that I probably could go with
.188"
or .156" wall instead.  Any thoughts?  Where can I find data that will show
Y.S. based on wall thickness?

My last question has to do with the interaction between the antennas.  I have

noticed there has been a thread or two on this subject lately.  Currently, I
have the KT-34XA with the Cushcraft A-3WS 6 feet above it.  A KLM 40M-1
rotary
dipole is 7 feet above that with the element parallel with the booms of the
other two antennas.  The question is what interaction might I expect if I
change the 40M-1 to a Cushcraft 40-2CD?  What would be the best spacing, and
placement, of these three to minimize any problems?  The current towertalk
thread seems to indicate that I will see interaction between the WARC antenna

and the 40-2CD on 17 meters.  However, I haven't found anything so far to
indicate how I can reduce or eliminate it.  Again, any thoughts here?

Perhaps the 1 tower scenario is not going to work out with the WARC beam in
the mix.

Well, that is it for now.  Thanks again for everything and I apologize for
pestering you so much about this but I do appreciate the information that you

provide.

73,
Scott KB3X
kb3x@msn.com