[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 top weak point

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 top weak point
From: rlboyd@CapAccess.org (Rich L. Boyd)
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 14:13:57 -0400 (EDT)
I have two Rohn 45s up and notice that on the flat top section, just
below the top plate, there is a hole (bolt size) through each of the
three legs.  This certainly weakens the tower legs at that point.  In
fact, I have some serious metal fatigue on one of the three on one of the
towers.

Like many people's installations, mine are guyed some feet down from the
very top.

I'm wondering if a bolt through this hole or something else would improve
the situation.  That is, a bolt though each of the three holes.  ?

73 - Rich Boyd, KE3Q