[TowerTalk] KLM-34XA insulator problems ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KLM-34XA insulator problems ?
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 08:27:40 -0400
This was only a problem with the earliest cap tube insulators, which were
clear and probably polystyrene.  The latest ones are blue and I've not seen
any deterioration on them.  KLM did recently redo the boom to element
mounting blocks.  The only thing I've seen happen to the old ones were
stress cracks extending from the outer element mounting hole.  I think the
new ones are little different material and maybe a little thicker as
well...

73, Tyler K3MM