[TowerTalk] HDR-300A rotator questions (bit long)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDR-300A rotator questions (bit long)
From: ai7b@teleport.com (Bob Wruble)
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 16:23:33 -0700
TAKING THEM DWN AND SENDING BAK SURE IS A pain in the ass.
these tower product always seem to ferget that aspect of their lovely
warranty policies....in my opinion the hdr300 and telex are both a pain
to deal with .... earlier on i went thru 3 of these hdr and swore i wud
never own another only to eat those words a few months ago when i
put up a k5iu rotating r55 twr....dick specs the hdr for his system so
i bot a 300A ...so far so good.....

you can get reading variations from wet connections/connectors and
rf interference as well as bad pots.....try removing the cases from the
rotators and spraying the pots with wd-40....if u can get any into them
as i recall they maybe sealed......no excuse for these pots failing so
soon.....get them to send u new pots and install ur self.....its easy to
do.....mite be able to do on the tower??  good luck

w7gg

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>