[TowerTalk] Backstays

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Backstays
From: harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole)
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 11:19:27 -0400 (EDT)
Just do not use plastic covered wire---  water sipes up into the plastic
cover and stays there a long time.  Result permature rusting.  Run from
this stuff-- I saw this on my clothes line and almost ruined some clothes
from the rust at the ends, but rust ran several feet from any open point
in the plastic, also nicks will leak and exacaserbate the problem (donna
know how to spell...).  de K4VUD