[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G wind load

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G wind load
From: elewis@dsp.com (Edward Lewis)
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 09:23:46 +0000
I put up a Rohn 25G free standing at 32feet. I have been using 5 feet
of mast with a cushcraft A3S which places my antenna at about 35 feet
after I deduct the amount of mast which is in the tower. Are Rohn
specs for wind load based on the height of the tower or the actual
height of the antenna, and is the wind load of the mast factored in
by Rohn or is this something I need to consider. The reason I am
asking these questions is that I would like to use a 10 foot mast
pipe which would place my antenna at 40 feet and give me room to
install an A3WS below the A3S. Also would 7 feet be  enough seperation
between the 2 antennas. 73 Ed
Edward Lewis  KQ6DX
2959 Devon Way
San Pablo, CA. 94806