[TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX-40

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX-40
From: Bill.Simpson@MCI.Com (Bill Simpson)
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 08:17 -0500 (CDT)
Tom,
  I have had an HDBX 48 with a 56 top section up for 15+ years.  It has
had a KT-34XA and a 2 element 40  for at least ten years. I live north of
Dallas and we have some really strong winds here. There have been reports
of 80 mph and it has been fine. The rotor has remained in the 48 section
and I used a 21 ft. mast.

  Aside from being uncomfortable to climb, it's been a great tower for a
corner lot.

73
Bill - N5CMI