[TowerTalk] Correction: Moose/Vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Correction: Moose/Vertical
From: 0006940731@mcimail.com (Bill Rinker)
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 09:51:21 -0500 (EST)
Correction:  In response to several inquiries the vertical had been trimmed
to 66.7' before erection.  I had referred to my original notes when
incorrectly indicating that the vertical height was 72'.  The two 160M wire
tails (43.7' long) (attached to the top to the Uniden CW 80M trap) were
originally placed one on each side of the vertical, diametrically opposite
each other.  Both wire tails were then aligned on one side of the vertical
and when the angle between the vertical was approximately 54 degrees, the
160M resonant frequency point was 1.830 MHZ.  The SWR was less than 2:1
between 1.790 to 1.865 MHZ.  Concurrent with that, the resonant frequency
point on 80M was 3.480 MHZ with the SWR less than 2:1 between 3.430 to 3.530
MHZ.  I use a 1000 watt tuner in the shack for SSB on both 80 & 160M.

Bill  NE9Z/7