[TowerTalk] QRT? Amateur Radio Supply

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] QRT? Amateur Radio Supply
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 16:08:26 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-03 14:47:58 EDT, rhummel@cheshire.net (Rob Hummel)
writes:

> Does anyone have any information about the status of Amateur Radio Supply
>  (Seattle WA)? Their web site is up, but they don't answer their 800
number.

    It has been reported by someone who stopped by that the store was empty.
I just got off the phone with an ex-employee and the assets have been sold to
Dave Roddy, N7KZN, of the Radio Depot in Bremerton, WA. Sorry, I can't find
Dave's 800 number. Apparently everything was loaded up and moved on Friday.
It's not too suprising in this current recessionary climate in the ham radio
market. I'm sure we'll see some more before the sunspots pick up and the
retail market improves.

      BTW, it was the oldest radio store in Washington State. I think that it
had been around since the 50's.

73,  Steve  K7LXC