[TowerTalk] 7/8" to RG213

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 7/8" to RG213
From: dietz@texas.net (Chuck Dietz)
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 22:18:07 -0500
Ernesto Grueneberg wrote:

> Hello friends:
>
>         A friend of mine got a few days ago about 600 ft. of cellflex coaxial
> cable. The problem is he can't get the connectors. Could you give me
> some advise to adapt 7/8 to PL259 or N?

I plan to take the hardline into an aluminum box using some electrical
conduit hardware for rigidity and mount a so239 on the box.  You can
solder to the center conductor of the hardline, but you may have to use
a hose clamp on the shield if it is aluminum.  I understand there may be
a special paste and solder that may allow soldering to the aluminum
shield.

Chuck, KE5FI