[TowerTalk] Towers near pipelines

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Towers near pipelines
From: seay@Alaska.NET (Del Seay)
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 08:10:58 -0700
I ran your request past our CP engr's and they can't give you a
"Cone of Influence" value becauser of too many variables. But - if
you are within the easement, or within a half of a mile of the pipeline,
then it is of good concern.

The protection procedure is the use of two zinc anodes, one connected
to the pipeline, and one to your tower. I have dwg's, but of course
they're not much use on e-mail, without large files and I don't want to
tie up the reflector with that much data.

I suggest you require the pipeline company to provide you with the
"Zink Grounding Cell" protection. The pipeline company will have a
CP department and are usually real receptive to these requests.

If you would like the drawings, drop me a note with your mailing
address and I'll stick it in the mail.

73  de KL7HF